Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Stampy just lost his in-house privileges

Last night, he tore up the cushion on Odin's couch (that we've had about 6 years now). Baby Betel chewed up the bottom of it a little, but Stampy went to town yesterday and tore up about 1/4 of the cushion. I was upset, especially since he was on a walk, ran around in the yard, and then has one million toys to play with.
Today, I made a mistake, and I forgot to put up the dog gate that separates the bedrooms, office, and bathroom from the rest of the house. I know he has been getting stuff off the counters in the kitchen, but he blasted through two of the doors, and then chewed up stuff that was mine. My pajamas, my special socks, my bathroom skin scrubbing gloves ....
Starting tomorrow, I am locking him in the dog room with some dog beds, his tub of toys, and the door cracked open so he can go in the yard. He's a year old. I'm exhausted by how much he still destroys. There was absolutely no need or reason to blast through the doors, then take things off the top of the dresser, top of the bed, top of the bathroom counter, just to chew them up.

No comments: