Saturday, May 17, 2008

Odin Incident

It was hot yesterday, and is warm today (and supposed to be tomorrow too). Yesterday the boys stayed outside all day (8:30 - 7:30), but they had lots of water (that they didn't drink), shade, and their cooling beds.
This morning, we went on a walk - it was about 70.
We made it to the park and were on our way home, when Odin flopped down in the grass. He panted for a little while, then rolled around all frisky and scratching himself in the grass, then got up and walked a few more houses, then plopped down in the grass again.
After a while, he got up, made it one more house, and plopped down in the road. He got up, made it a couple steps, and plopped down in a driveway.
After a long rest, he made it to the next yard, and plopped down in the yard. It took a long time for him to get up, he made it only a couple wobbly steps, and he plopped back down in the same yard.
A kind-looking elderly gentleman was working in his yard the next house over, so when I finally got Odin up again, I asked him could I please leave Odin tied to something in his yard, so I could run home and get my car. He was wary, but agreed; I left Odin, ran with Stampy as fast as I could home (which was not that fast), got the car, and came zooming back. Odin looked a little nervous but worn out.
So we are home now, I am anxious as all get out, and Odin is resting on the floor.
I don't know if it's the heat combined with his age (it's not THAT hot out), or if this has something to do with his heart.
The last time I got him up, he growled at me.

No comments: