Thursday, July 10, 2008

The digitalis seems to be working

Odin already seems like he feels better. He got up on the futon, he's been walking around a lot more, he's holding his head up more (which in Odin-speak, is being more alert), and he seems to be breathing more regularly. I watched him really carefully after his pill last night and this morning to see if I could see any signs of toxicity. It's going to be a big adjustment because I don't really want to go out to the barn and leave him alone when I already have to leave him alone most of the day while I'm at work. I don't think the horses actually miss it, though, when I'm not there 5 days a week.
Yesterday, at the vet office, I could hear the vet and her staff making a joke about his farts. They have been pretty stinky. And he finally pooped a solid poop instead of the runny diarrhea he's been pooping. His poop has been really yellowy-orange (instead of brown) and I just now realized that's actually not normal.
Also, I'll do a photo later, but his second pair of poopy pants came in the mail yesterday, and they fit him lots better than the first pair, but sadly, they look even more like diapers than the first ones (which were denim, and thus sort of like hot pants).

No comments: