Sunday, March 01, 2009

Odin's eulogy

I'm trying to come up, ahead of time, with what his memorial stone should say. It has to be perfect because it's for Odin.
I can't write anything better than famous authors, so I'm reviewing all my favorite meaningful quotes.

So far I have for line 1:
Odonata - 6/21/1999 - x/xx/2009

Option 1:
"I get up. I walk. I fall down.
Meanwhile, I keep dancing."

Option 2:
"But if you tame me, then we shall need each other.
To me, you will be unique in all the world.
To you, I shall be unique in all the world."

Option 3:
"Round and round he walked, and
so learned a very valuable thing:
that no emotion is the final one."

Option 4:
"That is how she felt without him,
feeling his presence where he no longer was."

Option 5 (one by me):
Odin lithe and supple
slinking, sliding, prancing now
he moves like liquid

Option 6:
I loved Odin "more than I had reasons for.
- which I know now to be the only way to love,
without conditions or explanations."

Option 7:
"Let us go then, you and I, when the
evening is spread out against the sky ...
[for] indeed there will be time."

I haven't decided yet on a stone or the wall (with his ashes), at Marymoor:
http://www.kingcounty.gov/recreation/parks/inventory/marymoor/petgarden.aspx

No comments: