Monday, October 02, 2006

Somebody keeps peeing on the dog bed

I suspect Orion, but it is really frustrating because I have never caught him (and I know it's a him), and I can't figure out why because he's not ever alone that long.
Both puppies have kennel cough. They must have gotten it at obedience school. It was a nice bite out of my dwindling money today to take them to the vet and find out.
However, I did get to find out their weights since they have long since grown past me being able to balance on the scale holding them and look down at the weight.
Betel is 58 pounds, and Orion is (drum roll - dum dum dum) 76 pounds!! He's not even 6 months old yet! He's also eating about 15 cups of food a day, compared to Odin's peak of 12, and Betel's measly 9.
But Betel - he walks in a room and people say "Here comes trouble." He was a terror. He yelped and screamed and ran around and was a pest. He provoked lots of stories about horrible dogs the vet or tech have known, and how disappointed they were when they heard a ridgeback was coming in. Apparently they are known for having personalities like Betel and not like Odin. (Two of them suggested I take him to obedience, and I said, sadly, he's already been through two classes.) Orion was sweet, as always.
The one funny thing that happened was that when they were leading Betel away to be weighed, Orion stayed in the room with me. I heard a distinct "poot" and started laughing at how loud it was. Well, it turns out it wasn't Orion - it was Betel - on the other side of the wall! The tech said "Does your dog always fart like that?"

No comments: