Monday, September 18, 2006

I am a negligent blogger - 12 days and no photos!

Things have just been busy, so here's the scoop in a nutshell:
1. Betel does a heli-tail when he's excited, just like Odin used to do.
2. Last week in obedience we worked on: sit, down, up (back into a sit), stay, leave it, and walking on a loose leash. The boys were much better than the first week.
3. Orion has been kind of clingy to Betel, especially in obedience. He wants to be wherever Betel is, while Betel seems to care less about Orion, unless he's bored, then he wants to chew on Orion's face. Another person in the class suggested that we put Bitter Apple on Orion's cheeks to stop Betel's chewing.
4. Odin has pooped in the bed a bunch more times. We put a waterproof cover on it for the upcoming pee in the bed. Apparently, old dogs just get incontinent and when they are relaxed (warm and sleeping), they let loose. Poor O.
5. We brought home a stray cat from our friends' wedding. It was in the parking lot of the Motel 6 and so it's been living in the spare bedroom, eating fabulous meals (torn up meat, squishy food, soaked cat food), and he got the heat before anyone else in the house did. Unfortunately, after a week of "fattening" him up (he didn't really get fatter, but he got livelier), I brought him to the vet today and he has feline AIDS. I was going to put him down, which I cried and cried about, even though I refused to name him, because I suspected this would be the case, but then a miracle happened and one of the vet techs with no cats said she'd foster him until she can find him a cat-free home. He was such a sweet cat. He pooped on the floor a lot, but he was still sweet.
6. The dogs spent the wedding weekend at Fido's Farm. They seemed really happy, and a special bonus for us, tired, when we picked them up. It was anxiety-inducing for me though to leave them there.
7. Betel had a bit of a cold (he kept sneezing) when he came back, but it cleared up after a couple days.
8. Both puppies have been having trouble with "down." I don't know what the problem is. They used to know it, then they just forgot. They can do sit, stay, and leave it, but look at me blankly when I say "down."
9. Betel has been giving me the affectionate nibble that is a lot like a flea bite.
10. I haven't been weighing them or taking any photos. I'm going to post some of Judith's top photos from a few weeks ago over the next few days.
I think that Betel is now 5 months old which makes Orion 4 1/2 months old.

No comments: