Friday, August 29, 2008

Odin modeling the Holter monitor




Odin had a leaky butt again today. I cleaned it before we left, but he was still a little stinky, and the vet tech had to use about four rounds of paper towels and a round of gauze (and waterless shampoo) to actually get him clean.
Tomorrow I take the Holter monitor off at 6 p.m., then return it Monday morning (if they're open). The little sticky pads (which I'll take pictures of when I take it off) are going to hurt, so Dr. W said to put rubbing alcohol or witch hazel under them. I can hear the little tape whirring while it records.
We got McD's cheeseburgers on the way home, and I'm going to keep the (very boring) journal of Odin's 24 hours. Tomorrow we'll go on a walk to see if we can trigger an "episode" and catch it on the tape.
Stampy's lumps are his salivary glands blocked up, like from "gunky" saliva. He has an appointment for Wednesday afternoon to get the stuff sucked out. Dr. W says it's weird for them to both plug up at once. I forgot to ask her if this is something that will happen the rest of his life. She said if they don't stop filling up that we'll have to put in those little tubes. And that the first time he came in, they had probably drained all the way to his other lymph nodes. Yuck.

No comments: