Monday, August 25, 2008

Odin's not doing so hot

He got some new medicine - some state-of-the-art, top-of-the-line stuff that is pricey, even with the discount Dr. W gave me. It is not supposed to really do anything for his heart, but make him feel better. He is eating better and seems a little bit friskier, but I can still feel his heart going all crazy in his ribcage after he's been frisky.
On Sunday morning, Kevin and I took him for a walk with the wagon, to see if it would work and how he would do. He seemed fine until about a block from home (it was only like a 15 minute walk, and we were going really slow for sniffing purposes), he wobbled a little and flopped down in the grass. We got him on the wagon, but he wouldn't ride on it.
So my last idea is to maybe make him a little tag that says "I have a heart problem. My mom left me here to get the car. She'll be right back." I don't know what else to do. Kevin pointed out that he probably is enjoying the scenery (or smell-ery) and I should just do the really short block and not keep him cooped up at home.
But after the walk, he pooped all over the bed while we were at the barn, then wore his diaper and pooped all in it, then today pooped all over the bed again. It's that smeary poop.
We see the vet Wednesday, for the Holter monitor and to get Stampy's lumps checked, so I'll ask her about it then. I'm nervous. I hate that all this medicine isn't making him back to himself. I just want him to be like he used to be.
He's also getting new, special, also mega-expensive dog food - some Science Diet (now, apparently, called Hill's) heart healthy, low sodium stuff. He seems to like it.

No comments: