Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Back on the Downslope Side

After what feels like about a week of really good Odie-time (he ate, no leaky butt, he was prancy, alert), he's going back down again. Last night the crazy heart and loud breathing was 2 hours. I cried only about the first half hour and then just sat next to him and tried to figure out if he was suffering. And the leaky butt is starting up again.
Stampy got boarded Sat/Sun and Mon/Tues, so tonight when I pick him up, I'll have feedback on the new place, which my friend R (who trains dogs) recommended. Odie seemed like he maybe missed Stampy a little, which is totally unexpected. Kappa is in 7th heaven while Stampy is gone.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

well, its nice to hear that Odin is still having some good moments. hopefully he can keep it up for a while longer! Daisy is doing pretty well. She's acting almost normal except for the much reduced stamina. Once a day (at least) I have to carry her up the stairs to my house. The furosemide leads to occasional peeing inside incidents, but I'm more than happy to live with that. Good luck with Odin (I'm still checking in often)

Chris

Unknown said...

aaaaarrrrghhh. no sooner had I posted a cautiously optimistic comment about Daisy, than she winds up back in the ER. I woke up this morning to her throwing up. then again, and again. then her legs started getting all wobbly. Carried her to the car ... then to the U.of Illinois ER. At the moment, no idea what caused the vomiting, but the current hunch is that it has nothing to do with the heart ... but it HAS successfully restarted many of the heart problems (arrhythima etc.) I don't think this is going to turn out well. And my parents and sister are visiting this weekend ... mostly to see Daisy!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!