Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Disgusting Photo Warning: Kappa's Head Shots



I am a terrible pet owner. On Saturday, me and my dad noticed that Kappa's head had a funny lump and something that felt like a scab. He wasn't around Sunday when I left, and I didn't see him Tuesday night when I got back either.
This morning, he came in the house and was sleeping in his favorite box, and when I came home at lunch he was still there, then, very oddly, when I got home at 9 pm, he was still there.
I gave him some cat treats, which he gobbled, and then I noticed he was cleaning the spot, so I got some kleenex to help him. And I touched it, very lightly, and pus & blood came shooting out and soaked the kleenex. That happened two more times. Then the swelling was down enough, and his matted hair (and the hair cut I gave him Saturday to see if I could figure out what it was) revealed ....
a puncture wound. That looks deep, and appears to be in the top of his skull.
I shut the door so no cats can escape tonight (after I "cleaned" it (pushed on it and let it drain more and pushed the hair away), Kappa went and ate and used the litter box and sat on the piano and purred, so he seems to be feeling ok), and I'm going to call and try to take him to the vet tomorrow.
I have two concerns: Stampy bite and rabies.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

put some peroxide on it. then some bacitracin/neomycin/etc.