Thursday, November 20, 2008

Depressing vet visit

Judith was right. Kappa's head piercing was just a burst abscess, and the vet said that yes, in the future, I can just clean it and put neosporin on it. She said if I can, to keep him inside, and he gets some antibiotics twice a day.
Horribly, however, he has fleas and worms. So he got Revolution in addition to his rabies shots, and the girls will go in Saturday with Stampy to get rabies, Revolution, and wormer if they need it.
I am so grossed out.
Odin does not have giardia, but Dr. W had an idea for something to give him to try to stop leaky butt.
I'm so mortified about the condition of my cat that I can't even remember if there is anything else to report.

2 comments:

Jude said...

He goes outside therefore he gets fleas.

He has some fleas therefore he can get worms.

You found out, you treated. That's all that's really important.

Martha said...

Peony and Poppy did not have fleas or worms. It's just old man Kappa who is a mess.
Poppy, however, did the Bionic Cat and burst through the cardboard cat carrier (I couldn't use the plastic one because they broke the door off). It was a very exciting trip to the vet. I have to buy a new cat carrier that apparently needs to be made of steel and kryptonite.