Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Stampy affirmative action

Stampy's behavior has been getting worse while I'm gone (he is jumping on my bed - I can see his muddy footprints), and yesterday, out of an odd bit of insightful jealousy, he chewed on my stick horse, which required deft maneuvering to get out of its location. Because the stick horse was next to my nice leather briefcase, I decided I've had it with him and his torture of Odin as well as all things inanimate (oh yeah, and the cats - Kappa doesn't want to be inside anymore).
So R gave me her friend's phone number who does the boarding, and Stampy now has his first weekday boarding next Monday and Tuesday.
If it works, I'm going to board him two or three days every week except Thanksgiving (when he's being boarded at Fido's) and Christmas (when mom & dad are here) through the rest of this year.
I sort of feel like Odin's going to be lucky to be alive by the end of the year, and I'll probably put him to sleep while Mom & Dad are here, so that should take care of the Stampy problem.
I already feel better for making a decision to do something about it.
Plus, she only charges $14.50/day, so it's cheaper than Fido's Farm by $10/day! $203 total, which is well worth my peace of mind.

Also, fyi, dogs who get prescriptions filled at Costco with their adult human who has a Costco membership can get a special pharmacy card that gives them a discount on their pills, since they probably don't have insurance. We just learned that today.

No comments: