Wednesday, July 05, 2006

"As pee is the only gift the pup has to give"

That pearl of wisdom came from my new AKC mini "New Puppy Handbook" - it's really about submissive urination, but I think pups maybe have some other gifts to give other than pee.
Betel's ears flop around and go inside out like Odin's do. It must be a ridgeback thing.
Orion's ears sometimes stand up when he's on his side, but they don't flip inside out.
I haven't taken any pictures this week, but I'll take some tomorrow when I have a work from home day. The boys are getting big and very coordinated. Betel and Odin still play a lot. Orion plays a tiny amount with Odin, but not nearly as much as Betel did at his age. Orion also seems to be less dominant and aggressive. Betel has gotten better about sitting for his treats and his food dish, but he gets too excited sometimes and forgets.
Two funny things happened at the barn yesterday. I went out to get Mercury and a bird was sitting on his back! Just sitting there. Then, when I got in the car to leave, Kevin said "you smell nice" (not something you usually hear when you're leaving the barn) and it turns out he likes the smell of Mercury's hoof moisturizer.

No comments: