Thursday, July 06, 2006

Blogger is having some problems tonight

I've tried three times to put the new puppy photos up, but it isn't working, even though it tripled the tree photos.
This, while I eat something new. My favorite thing to eat at sushi restaurants (starting at Kotobuki in Gainesville) is rice with salad dressing on top of it. I've never known what made the salad dressing so good - and every sushi place I've gone to since, I try it (and it's never as good or as cheap, $1.50 a bowl at Kotobuki). The newest sushi place is called Sushi Boat (visited by my mom one day after using dog toothpaste). It has the closest (though still not as good) dressing, and they had on the menu what it is. Peanut butter, mayo, and some other things.
Ok, it sounds disgusting, but then Kevin looked online and found a couple recipes for pb/mayo/honey salad dressing, and I made it tonight and am eating it on rice. The idea of it is gross, the taste of it is ok (needs some experimentation), but I might have made one step towards freeing myself from sushi restaurants.
I also LOVE peanut butter and pickle (dill) sandwiches, so maybe it's just the way my taste buds are wired.
The puppies were calm today while the tree was being removed (as far as I know - I had to miss the critical loud part). They mostly slept on the couch or near me while I was reading, which made it (aside from the tree) one of the easiest work from home days yet. But when I went into the office to check on something, of course I should have been there all day because there was a crisis with the TFC.
I rode Mercury tonight for the first time in a couple weeks. He was ok. Felt kind of stiff but not lame.

No comments: