Sunday, July 16, 2006

Go Daddy O!



It has gotten harder and harder to find the time to update the blog. Mercury may be able to show this season after all, so his vacation two weeks is over and it's time to whip him back into shape. (Get it? Whip him? Because he's a horse. Ha ha.)
This weeks photos didn't come out so well. I will try to take more today to get them posted. Betel is continuing to sleep on his back in hilarious postures (and appears to be ready for the big snip). The other photo, Betel is falling over (if you look carefully) because he just chased his tail in a circle too long, got dizzy, I snapped this shot as he started to fall, another with his butt on the bed, and then he flops over on the ground. It was hilarious. I didn't know that puppies ran themselves dizzy chasing their own tails.
This week Orion got his first vaccination, the 6-way shot. He had Bordatella last week when he got microchipped. I'm waiting until Betel is 15 weeks old to give him 8-way, and Orion will probably get it a little earlier than 15 weeks.
They are 12 weeks and 10 weeks old, moving into weeks 13 and 11. They each weighed 28.5 pounds today, so Orion did not move ahead in the weight race.
Last Tuesday was human Kinderpuppy orientation, and this Tuesday is the first puppy class. I learned a lot from orientation, and the boys are doing really well. They (usually) recognize their names, come when called, and sit. I have also had rapid improvements in jumping up. If you turn your back, in dog language, it means "I disapprove of that behavior", so when I come home and they're in the room, excited to see me, I walk up, then turn my back until they stop jumping on the baby gate. The first day it took a few times, but now they do one obligatory paws up, then sit quietly and wait for me to open it. It's amazing.
One of Orion's ears is crooked.
Other than that, there's not much news this week.

No comments: