Saturday, June 10, 2006

Times they are a'changing


This afternoon I go visit the Dane. So expect photos soon of my dane, Orion. I am really, really hoping that he and Betel love each other, play together, tire each other out, and that Odin loves them both but gets time to himself. Hopefully they will not hate each other, fight, and ultimately create more work for me.
The funniest thing of the entire year happened Thursday, after Betel had an outside accident and an inside accident (after a week of apparently no accidents).
An unidentified houseguest was preparing for bed, and called from the bathroom, "Whose brown toothpaste is this that I used?" As I approached the door to the bathroom, I suddenly remembered that Odin's dog toothpaste and toothbrush have been out on the counter so I remember to brush his teeth every week. Sure enough, the "brown toothpaste" was the dog toothpaste, and we both laughed so hard we cried. And we've laughed every single time we've mentioned it since then which is about once an hour, it is so funny.
Here's the difference in toothpastes, so you can judge for yourself which you might have chosen, were you a houseguest here. (In my guest's defense, she says she didn't want to go barging through my cabinets.)

No comments: